Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4TH OF JULY


 Our Bern Ward Young Men & Young Women were in charge of the 4th of July float for the parade in Paris.  We decided to use a truck this year instead of a trailer - we borrowed Zach & Janelle's.  For our Tuesday night activity two weeks before the 4th, we tie-dyed white t-shirts -  red, white and blue. We then decorated the truck the night before. I really don't enjoy doing floats but thought this one turned out fairly well.  I worried about how many of our youth would actually come and ride on it but as you can see we filled it up.
Jerry and I are usually big time "party poopers" when it comes to 4th of July celebrations so we hadn't been to the parade for several years and were surprised at how many people were there to watch.  Anyway, a big "THANKS" to all the youth who came and supported this activity and I'm glad I can mark this assignment off my summer "to do" list.    

No comments:

Post a Comment