Friday, July 26, 2013

2013 GUNDERSEN FAMILY REUNION - WYOMING ADVENTURE

Busy setting up camp! 





There was quite a line up of tents after everyone arrived!

We were in charge of the Gundersen Reunion this year.  We decided to host it at the Pine Creek Ski Lodge over by Cokeville, Wyoming.  Jerry invited those who were interested to come a day early and either hike or ride horses into Alice Lake which is near Cokeville also.  I chose not to go on this excursion because I really don't enjoy being around horses so I got to spend the day with Grandpa Grant and Grandma Margie.  Grandpa kept us entertained with songs and stories throughout the day.  I truly love and admire these two wonderful people and thoroughly enjoyed my day of visiting with them.  I don't have any pictures of the hike but all that went on it said the scenery was beautiful.  Many of them also commented on how gorgeous the wildflowers were.

Grandpa & Grandma - even at 94 and 91 they still like being part of the fun!

Cute little Embree and Chelsea

Jerry didn't arrive back at our house Thursday night until around midnight.  He had to bring the horses back.  The other relatives who had gone on the hike stayed up at the Pine Creek Lodge.  We got up early Friday morning to go join them.  The day was spent relaxing, eating, playing in the creek, mountain bike riding, fishing, and hiking all the ski trails.  Jerry had asked one of his buddies from Cokeville, Stan Thompson, if he would come and roast a sheep and cook dutch oven potatoes for all of us for dinner.  He came early that morning to get the sheep roasting in his big, portable roasting oven.  This is the part I was most nervous about.  I have had sheep before and did not really like it and I didn't think many of the relatives would like it either.  It ended up not being too bad though - I don't really think I'd do it again but it ended up being fun to try it once.  I have to share one little story that Josh messaged to me on my facebook account just recently - since it was about this "sheep" dinner.  Apparently one of his sons had to write a story in school about the "best day of his life."  He wrote about the reunion and the sheep cooking in the big, outdoor roaster.  He also drew a picture of the sheep in the roaster.  Josh thanked us for providing his son with the "best day of his life."  Jerry and I both thought this was cute and Jerry was especially happy with this story since he had fought me so long and hard to keep the "sheep" dinner on the menu.   

Steve & Josh not too happy about me interrupting their conversation for a picture!
Brittany and Adam
Earl had just had knee surgery but was a good sport and came anyway!
Sherry loved all the babies!!
Jerry "SLEEPING"  - one of his favorite things to do!!

Saturday morning the "BROTHER'S FAMILIES" cooked their annual breakfast of pancakes, eggs, bacon, hash browns, orange juice, and fruit.  We have done this for quite a few years now and have got it down to a science.
We all know what our jobs are - Kim is the "hash brown" chef.
It usually takes us most of the morning to get everyone fed.
GOOD FOOD AND GOOD TIMES!!
Tammy and I are usually running around making sure everyone has what they need to keep on task!
Jerry the official "PANCAKE FLIPPER"
Taking a break after feeding the troops!!

Jerry and I had a great time hosting this years reunion.  A big "THANKS" to all who came and supported us and another big "THANKS" to the hard working breakfast crew members.  We love and appreciate all of the Gundersen Clan and the fun family reunions we have each summer!!!  See you next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment